When you are a parent, you want nothing but the best for your kid. Unfortunately, even toddlers suffer from bad breath problem. Why? A dentist in Corona has tried to answer that question right here. Make sure you read about all the reasons and take corrective measures if you want your little one to keep smiling with confidence and talk to people without making them uncomfortable.
- Dry Mouth: The first thing you need to remember is that if your baby has dry mouth, it could lead to the bad breath problem. To avoid it, you need to ensure that your baby doesn’t have a stuffy nose and is not a mouth breather. You should also ensure that your little one doesn’t suck on the thumb or stuffs the mouth with a blanket as it could also hamper saliva production and lead to foul-smelling breath.
- Unclear Nose: Toddlers have the habit of placing tiny objects like tiny toys or food particles in the nose. This may prevent them from breathing through the nose, and they might end up breathing through the mouth. Mouth breathers usually have bad breath because there is a lack of saliva. So, you should stop the kids’ habit of putting stuff in the nose.
- Bad Oral Hygiene: It is your duty as a parent to check whether your little one is practicing good oral habits or not. You should ensure that the baby brushes the teeth properly and can get rid of bacteria on tongue and surface of tonsils with a tongue cleaner or scraper. Good oral hygiene habits from the start lead to great oral habits when the kid grows up.
- Dental Issues: If your little munchkin is too fond of sweets, it might lead to oral health issues like cavities, tartar buildup or a dental abscess. All these often lead to foul smelling breath. A simple solution in such a case would be to take your little one to a good dentist in Corona and get rid of dental issues painlessly and effectively.
- Consuming Pungent Foods: There are several pungent foods like cheese, onion, and garlic which might lead to bad breath in toddlers. This problem is temporary and doesn’t need you to take any steps. Just make sure that your kid doesn’t have these pungent foods before a special event like a pre-school interview or before meeting someone new as bad breath often leaves a bad impression.
- Health Issues & Medications: If your baby is suffering from an illness like sinus, tonsillitis, GERD or seasonal allergies, it could also lead to bad breath. Sometimes, if a child is on any kind of medications, the process of chemical breakdown also leads to foul-smelling breath. Again, this situation is temporary, and you don’t need to worry much about it.
- Chemicals in Toothpaste: Some toothpaste contains a lot of harsh chemicals, and they might harm your kids’ oral health. To get rid of this situation, you should ensure that you read the components of every toothpaste you purchase and never buy toothpaste with sodium lauryl sulfate, also known as SLS as it harms the oral tissues and often promotes bacterial growth.
Now, if you are looking for a good dentist in Corona to get rid of bad breath problems in toddlers, then you should visit Canyon Dental. Here, everyone from a toddler and an adult is taken care of with affection and respect and efforts are made to ensure that the patients get a healthy mouth as well as a shining smile. Call us now for an appointment.